How-To Enamel / Where To Start
This section is going to take some time to write about. In the mean time, please refer to the documentation pdf files posted in the documentation section.
For an overview of my enameling procedure and a brief explanation of the differences between medieval and modern methods, please see here: General Enameling Procedure
We did some experiments with etching. See here to read about it: Etching
- Why etch? And, the history of etching
- Pierce Work
- Why Theophilus is great
- Modern reproduction of medieval art. (In Progress)
- Enameling: different colors in same cell, silver foil
- Different resists
Certainly supplies are important. Please check out the Supplies page for purchasing information! In the mean time, the main places where I obtain my enameling materials are:
- Rio Grande
- Really good for general metalworking and a good place online to buy copper
- Good general jewelry making supplies
- Thompson Enamel
- As the name implies, enamel resources: enamel, kiln supplies, etc.